The Avyarium: Rochester’s new home for great theater in Village Gate.
274 Goodman Street North D242
Rochester, NY 14607
Owner & Curator
- Route of travel is slip resistant and at least 36 in wide
- Objects can be detected by person with visual disability using a cane
Parking and Drop-Off Areas
- Parking lot off Goodman Street includes over 100 spaces, 5 of which are accessible
- Accessible spaces are closest to accessible entrance on proper route
- Accessible spaces marked with International Symbol of Accessibility
- Main entrance is accessible, with clear wall space and low threshold edge
- Main entrance is operable with closed fist
Rooms and Spaces
- Still setting up main performance space; not able to assess yet
Seats, Tables, and Counters
- Seats are flexible and can be set up to people’s needs.
- Elevator goes up to the Avyarium’s level.
- Women restrooms are accessible for people in wheelchair
- Men restrooms not accessible for people in wheelchair
- No pictogram used to identify restrooms
- Toilet seat is only 16-inch high
- Faucet can be operated with closed fist
- Virginia Monte (585) 507-1349