Current Job Postings
Ticket Representatives (Box Office Staff)
The first step for many patrons who attend an event at the KeyBank Rochester Fringe Festival is buying a ticket at the Box Office. Do you want to be one of the smiling faces that they see? Great! Because we are accepting applications for Ticket Representatives!
This job is highly customer service based - working with patrons in person, as well as over the phone, and occasionally assisting the Front of House staff with scanning/banding patrons attending an event in the Spiegeltent.
A successful candidate would be skilled in the following areas:
- Emcee-ing - Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal communication is critical.
- Troup-oriented - In addition to communicating with our external patrons, it will also be necessary to work well with other Fringe staff members.
- Showing your work - There are a lot of moving pieces and in the troup-oriented spirit, it helps immensely if you are thoughtful about making notes about work which has been completed, still needs to be done, or flagging potential issues to review later.
- Computer-Nerding - At Fringe, we operate on a number of web-based platforms to keep everyone on the same page (ticketing, task delegation, case management, spreadsheets/docs, etc) so you should be comfortable navigating around those systems efficiently.
Prior experience in ticketing is a plus, but we are excited to train candidates with the right attitude. Other skills that will make you stand out: success in a customer-facing role. For example, has a customer ever told you that you made their day? Tell us your favorite success story in your cover letter!
This on-site position will begin when the Box Office opens on September 10th, (training may be held earlier, but that is TBD) and will run for the duration of the festival, (September 14-23, 2017.) Schedule will vary depending on needs of the ticket office, as well as availability of representatives hired. Please include your availability in your cover letter as well.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter (indicating your availability) and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager of Philanthropic Relations
The explosive growth of the KeyBank Rochester Fringe Festival is now demanding the energy and expertise of an experienced fundraising professional who loves the Fringe and will stop at nothing to tell everyone about it. Just as the performances at our 10-day festival are numerous, interesting, and varied, so too are the expected personas of the Manager of Philanthropic Relations:
- Detective: Leave no stone unturned in your search for national, regional, and local corporate sponsors.
- Matchmaker: Find and engage supporters who are a great fit for the Fringe and vice versa.
- Grand Marshal: Lead private and corporate donors through a parade of fun and well-managed cultivation events.
- Storyteller: Hold the attention of our audience of champions by walking them through the origin story of the Fringe to the excitement of today and the possibilities of tomorrow.
- Profitability Analyst: Demonstrate how the Fringe is a compelling case for investment in our community and in the arts.
- Gratitude Courier: Deliver well-deserved appreciation for the generosity of our supporters.
- Data Integrity Specialist: Leverage strong computer and analytical skills to ensure accuracy and consistency of internal donor/sponsor records and external representations (i.e. names & logos on website and print materials), and produce meaningful reports.
- Chameleon: Respond to the ever-changing needs of the Fringe, which on occasion will require you to pitch in to help in areas outside the scope of your core responsibilities.
We are looking for a collaborative, can-do person who exudes passion for the performing arts and for the fringe festival movement. Have you made a lot of connections (with businesses, foundations, and individuals) in the Rochester community and are eager to expand and strengthen these relationships? Do you have a reputation for excellent communication in all forms, the discerning ability to prioritize, and the tenacity to follow through on commitments, all the while delighting everyone with whom you interact? If those questions caused you to wave your arm frantically like a grade school student yearning to be called on, then we want to hear from you!
This exciting opportunity is a part-time commitment throughout the year, with a spike in hours during September, leading up to and including the festival which runs September 14-23, 2017.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com